All about testing to emphasize personal freedom and responsibility. Testers enter a process of investigation and discoveries in order to effectively test a product. Explore the application to understand the requirement completely then we have to start testing. The requirement will be missing then we need to explore ourselves in order to understand the application.
This is a hands-on approach in which testers are involved as “minimum planning and maximum test execution“. Identify the functionality of the application by exploring the applications.
When to do exploratory testing
- When you don’t have a requirement document or very less document
- When the time period is very less then you need to test in a very short span of time
- When you have to test the application in the early stage of SDLC
- To get more information about the product and identify the untested bug functionality of the product
Exploratory Testing Built for Agile
- Save time by auto-capturing execution test environment data from manual, session-based & exploratory test sessions.
- Exploratory Testing is crucial in agile projects due to limited time available for test analysis and limited details of user stories.
- Exploratory testing in an agile environment allows testers to be familiar with the domain and the application and on each iteration that understanding is enhanced.
Here we do some kind of interaction with the product without any kind of orientation because that is a different approach probably to more type of a different defect or some kind of lead you to find something unique which kind of the techniques can not be found and moreover it helps you to save your time because you would be having limited time to interacting with the product and explore everything within a time.
Test charter is a kind of document what activity taking place or how to run the test without determining with that exploratory testing are:
- Charter – Intended User of the system.
- Purpose – Describe the test harness used to test the system and objective that the charter wants to achieve.
- Data – Whatever data is needed during the test.
- Tools – List the tools to employ to run the exploration.
- Setup – What needs to be placed in order to start the test execution.
- References – specification, risks and resources that prove the statements of documents.
- Reports – create a report that summarizes the information during the exploration.
- Variations – alternatives action and evaluation to complement the ideas during activities.